Work at BAC!
ABA Instructor POSITION OPEN
Brooklyn Autism Center is currently seeking candidates for an ABA Instructor. This position is FULL TIME with hours 8:30-4:30, Monday-Friday. Excellent benefit backage, including approximately 10 weeks paid vacation annually, health and dental insurance, and optional Transitcheck enrollment. Please send your resume along with a cover letter to: email@example.com.
- Instructors are responsible for teaching students one-on-one Applied Behavior Analysis utilizing various evidence-based methods including but not limited to discrete trial training, behavior chaining procedures, incidental teaching, implementing behavior plans, recording and graphing data, creating and maintaining stimuli and other duties as needed.
- Instructors assist in the implementation of programming in a range of areas including: peer integration, social interaction, communication, academics, self-help skills, gross-motor skills, language, functional living skills, behavior management and recreation/leisure pre-vocational skills.
- Instructors assist in the implementation of data collection systems which measure student progress in each of the above areas. They participate in clinic (parent/teacher) meetings to review student progress, programs, procedures, teaching techniques, administrative matters, etc.
- Minimum Requirements: BA/BS in Psychology, Education or related field; 1 year in an ABA program preferred.
- Experience working with children with Autism utilizing ABA preferred.
- Applicants should have excellent organizational skills, motivated, energetic and reliable, with a passion for teaching children with Autism.
*BCBA/BCaBA supervision available to fulfill requirements for board certificaiton.